1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista incompatible issues

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by co-mission, Mar 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. co-mission

co-mission Thread Starter

Having trouble viewing animations on software (Ilumina Gold) that required quicktime 6.3 or higher....installed quicktime 7.4 (with itunes) and still no viewing. I have audio with no photo also. I installed this program once with an older version of QT which I believe came installed on my computer and everything worked...video animation with audio, photo with audio, etc. The reason I installed QT 7.4 was that the color scheme for Vista Home Premium would not function at its level with this program running or closed. Some Windows programs were blinking and blacking out also. Now that the newer version of QT is installed, Vista operates normally while I lose the others in Ilumina Gold. Can someone help please?

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

I'm not sure if this is really a Vista issue, an "Illumina" issue or a "Quicktime" issue.

Can you be more specific about the media types that you require Quicktime for that are problematic with Quicktime on Vista?

3. co-mission

Program Ilumina Gold requires QT 6.3 or higher....Installed QT 7.4. Is this an issue with QT? or Vista? Since it is a viewing error? No specific viewing error is popping up however.

4. co-mission

Sorry I can't be specific right now regarding media types that are incompatible with QT on Vista....I will look that up though.... thanks

5. co-mission

By installing 7.4 QT that was required for the software, it is not displaying animation. Is it anything I must configure or convert in order to display video? Thanks

6. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

What animation are you tring to display?

Is it a saved file? The file will have an extension. What is the extension?

Are they .mov files, such as these "samples" >>

http://www.ilumina.com/downloads/default.asp

These are indeed "quicktime" files.

I am able to open and play "Jesus Birth" in either Quicktime or VLC. Once the file is opened you must click the "play" button to actually play it.

http://www.ilumina.com/downloads/videos/Jesus_birth720.mov

Make sure when you are trying to play files like this on their website that you download it to your hard drive first. Right Click on the file and choose "Save Target As"

If you are trying to stream it directly -- that might be your problem if you do not have a sufficiently high bandwidth connection.

I have QT 7.1.5 on Vista.

If QT isn't working for you try "VLC" >>

http://www.videolan.org/

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698308

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice