Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vista Install - Blue Screen

8K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Cheeseball81 
#1 ·
hello all

this is my first post so here goes!!:

i am running xp pro, and decided to do an upgrade install, rather than a clean install. i chose the x86 install and selected upgrade. i then got rid of two or three programs that vista told me i needed to get rid of. i then started to install vista ultimate.

the installation procedure went absolutely fine right up the the very last stage, when i was met with a blue screen. aarrgghhh! anyway, i did not have any time to read what was on the blue screen before it restarted the pc and hence a loop began. im at a loss as i have fulfilled all the conditions for installation.

i managed to revert back to xp pro, but am wondering how to get vista onto my system. im not confident intrying right now, and particularly wouldnt want to do a clean install until i trust the os more.

when i d/l the ms vista tool for inspecting your system, it told me that vista business would be the best choice for me (?). im tempted to try installing vista business, and then maybe try upgrading to ultimate, but im guessing that wouldnt work.

any advice will be appreciated

See less See more
#4 ·
do a clean install instead of an upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.