Vista Install Issue???

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Logical

I'm trying to install vista business on a laptop and when it gets to the "checking compatibility" part it just "checks" forever. The laptop passed the Vista compatibility tool that they offer. Plus, if it was not compatible, I would assume it will report that instead of getting into a continuous check. Any advice?

Are you trying a complete install or upgrade?

Also, what time of file system is your hdd? FAT32 or NTFS?

Logical

s4baz said:
Are you trying a complete install or upgrade?

Also, what time of file system is your hdd? FAT32 or NTFS?
It is an upgrade.
How do I check which file system I have?

Alright, before you do the upgrade again uninstall any programs you do not need and also your virus scanner, spyware remover, etc.

Logical

s4baz said:
Alright, before you do the upgrade again uninstall any programs you do not need and also your virus scanner, spyware remover, etc.
s4baz,

I got it to install but Vista wont let me reinstall AntiVirus 2006 since it is not "compatible" but gives me a link to symantec to fix the issue. Symantec wont let me install the fix since Antivirus is not on my computer....a never ending circle.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online