1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista Install stuck in reboot look

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Flo357, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Flo357

Flo357 Thread Starter

I'm a noob to this sight, someone help...i can't install vista it gets stuck in a reboot loop

I've been trying to install vista on my system.
    1. Tried clean install it goes through "windows is loading files" and once that finishes it reboots and does the same thing all over again.
    2. Tried to install xp first and then do an upgrade...it does everything it should then reboots and does the same as above.
    3. In safe mode it goes all the way to disk.sys before it does the reboot loop.

Specs
    Asus A8N-E (with latest bios 1013)
    Athlon 64 x2 3800
    3d Fuzion nvidia 7800gt (bfg)
    Kingston value ram 512mb x 2 (right now i'm just using 1 512 stick)
    Kingston value ram 1gb x 1 (not using this right now)
    Seagate baraccuda 300gb PATA 7200rpm
    seagate baraccuda 500gb sata 7200rpm (not using this right now)

notes...
    1. I have other hard drives i've tested also (3 200gb pata drives, 1 500gb pata drives all seagates) same result
    2. I've tried switching out ram...now just using 1 512mb stick
    3. I've tried disabling everything on the motherboard (raid, usb, serial, parallel, game port, audio, lan, etc.)
    4. No i'm not trying to do any raid
    5. It all works fine on XP.
    6. I had a similar reboot loop problem when installing xp but during the xp install i can just press f5 to tell and choose acpi pc. but that had to do with mup.sys hanging.
    7. all memory & hardware test fine using pc-doc & memtest...i've been using all the same hardeware for over a year. but doesn't seem to be vista friendly.

HELP????

am i stuck in xp land forever...not that i'm a big vista fan, i have it installed on my laptop but the laptop is old and can't do any of the cool new features of vista...so therefore i just want to see what these features are all about by installing on my desktop.

any help would be appreciated, thanks

2. Flo357

Flo357 Thread Starter

bump someone help...please

3. pappy_dag

pappy_dag

I got the same problem, My mother board is an MSI K9N Ultra supose to be vista compatible.

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

If the machine boots up OK in order to start the setup, when it reboots the first time, instead of letting it go through, enter BIOS setup instead and set the hard drive as the first boot device. The machine should boot from the hard drive after the initial file loading is done.

5. Flo357

Flo357 Thread Starter

I've tried doing that among 10 million other things, it didn't work. At any rate I have completely given up. I sold my rig and am in the market to build a new one definately with a chipset from someone else other than NVIDIA.

future rig plan (just in case anyone was interested)
    core 2 quad q6600
    4GB (2x2GB) OCZ 800mhz ram
    2 x 1TB Seagates
    Antec Sonata III Mid Tower
    bfg 8600gts
    mobo (undecided, researching)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/592453

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice