1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

VISTA Installation problem

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by rajesh723, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rajesh723

rajesh723 Thread Starter

hi I am Rajesh.... i have a destop with the following configuration
    Asus Mother Board ------M2N-VM DVI
    AMD Athlon(tm)64X2 Dual Core processor 5000+ 2.60 GHz
    2.00 GB RAM (800 FSB)
    LG Sata DVD Writer

when i am trying to install Vista Ultimate the machine is hanging....i mean i cannot get the option to load. i have booted from DVD and when the first screen appaered it was still and it not moving forward. First i thought it was the DVD problem . But i don't think it was problem with mother board nor DVD. It should ask for the key board and language options....in the next screen but i am not able to go there.

please help me in solving thhis problem

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

I wonder if your BIOS is Vista compatible.

Look at what BIOS version you have, visit the Asus website to see if there is a later one for Vista. I do not normally recommend flashing the BIOS but if there is a later one that provides Vista compatability, it might be the answer.

Read the release notes before you flash the BIOS, and unless it's mentioned as fixing the problem, there is unlikely to be a change. Flashing the BIOS brings risks if it goes wrong.

3. unbidden

unbidden

The motherboard is vista certified so I assume the bios is as well....... However, if the dvd is sp1 and the bios is older, you may want to flash the update as kiwiguy suggested.

A few thoughts:

Try setting the bios to 'default' rather than optimal...... after the install reset to optimal.

Try installing with 1 stick of ram of at least 1 gb...... then add the other ram.

Disconnect any and all unnecessary devices and add-on cards until install is successful.

4. rajesh723

rajesh723 Thread Starter

i have all the things which you have mention above...My mother board with the latest BIOS version and it is VISTA compatible.

i been tryin since 4 days to install VISTA on my Machine. please help me solving this problem.:(

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753577

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice