VISTA Installation problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rajesh723

hi I am Rajesh.... i have a destop with the following configuration
Asus Mother Board ------M2N-VM DVI
AMD Athlon(tm)64X2 Dual Core processor 5000+ 2.60 GHz
2.00 GB RAM (800 FSB)
LG Sata DVD Writer

when i am trying to install Vista Ultimate the machine is hanging....i mean i cannot get the option to load. i have booted from DVD and when the first screen appaered it was still and it not moving forward. First i thought it was the DVD problem . But i don't think it was problem with mother board nor DVD. It should ask for the key board and language options....in the next screen but i am not able to go there.

please help me in solving thhis problem

I wonder if your BIOS is Vista compatible.

Look at what BIOS version you have, visit the Asus website to see if there is a later one for Vista. I do not normally recommend flashing the BIOS but if there is a later one that provides Vista compatability, it might be the answer.

Read the release notes before you flash the BIOS, and unless it's mentioned as fixing the problem, there is unlikely to be a change. Flashing the BIOS brings risks if it goes wrong.

The motherboard is vista certified so I assume the bios is as well....... However, if the dvd is sp1 and the bios is older, you may want to flash the update as kiwiguy suggested.

A few thoughts:

Try setting the bios to 'default' rather than optimal...... after the install reset to optimal.

Try installing with 1 stick of ram of at least 1 gb...... then add the other ram.

Disconnect any and all unnecessary devices and add-on cards until install is successful.

rajesh723

i have all the things which you have mention above...My mother board with the latest BIOS version and it is VISTA compatible.

i been tryin since 4 days to install VISTA on my Machine. please help me solving this problem.:(

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online