1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista internet explorer error when closing browser

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Rockling, Oct 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rockling

Rockling Thread Starter

Hi All

Have recently purchased a Toshiaba Laptop with windows vista premium.
    Since day one whenever I shut down an internet browser window it gives thi error
    Windows Explorer has stopped working -Windows is serching for a solution to the problem.
    Then it says to try removing any toolbars i instaled and try again.Did this but no good.
    A few days later it came up with the solution of removing Adobe Flash player and instaling the newest rev. Did this to no avail.
    I have the laptop about 6 months now and this is wreaking my head. Everything else is working fine
    Also i noticed that if I have a few browser window open I only get the error if I close the first browser window, I can open and close the other browsers as many times as i like with no errors.
    Any Ideas will be very welcome

Thanks

2. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

Does the problem persist when you boot into SAFE MODE?

Does the problem persist if you log into the PC with a different user account with admin rights?

Regards,
    Rollin

3. Rockling

Rockling Thread Starter

Still the same when using Admin rights
    Will try safe mode and let you know
    At work now laptop at home so will post later
    thanks for the help

4. Rockling

Rockling Thread Starter

Hi Rollin

When in safe mode there is no problem.
    Any ideas

5. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

In Internet Exploer click TOOLS and select "Manage Add-Ons"

Disable each add-on one by one to see if one of the add-ons is the culprit.

Regards,
    Rollin

6. Rockling

Rockling Thread Starter

Just disabled everything in tools Manage add-ons and IE is still giving error " InternetExpolrer has stopped working Windows will try to find a solution to the problem. then it says A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Where do I go from here?

Cheers

7. Rockling

Rockling Thread Starter

Just disabled everything in tools Manage add-ons and IE is still giving error " InternetExpolrer has stopped working Windows will try to find a solution to the problem. then it says A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Where do I go from here?

Cheers

Also started to uninstall all the preinstalled toshiba software on the laptop to no avail.
    Any other ideas?

8. Rockling

Rockling Thread Starter

Anybody got any ideas on how to uninsall IE on vista.

9. alwrmc

alwrmc

First Name:
    B.L.
    JFI.....This is a fairly common problem, and there are no solutions so far. I have the problem myself and have tried all of the suggestions I have found and none have worked.
    Some of the suggested solutions I have found and tried are:
    ...Disable UAC
    ...Run Ad-aware 2007
    ...Run Spybot S&D 1.5 (be careful that you don't get Spyware Bot by mistake!!)
    ...Run anti virus software
    ...Close down all unnecessary Windows Services (careful here also)
    ...That it is a bad driver or add in for a piece of hardware or software. This one is also difficult to check. Especially if your hardware and software is operating as it should.
    ...And lastly that a reformat and reinstall would be the final choice. That one would be VERY time consuming as you would need to install each item one by one and then spend some time checking to see if the problem existed. Then install the next driver or software and again check to see if the problem existed. This would be done until, theoretically, you came to the driver or software that caused the problem. That is pretty much where I am at, at the moment. I'm living with the problem right now, but pretty soon it is going to tick me off enough to actually do it.
    I have done a lot of Internet searching and I find that there are a lot of people with the problem but as I said no one has (to my knowledge) found the culprit.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/636097

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice