Vista keeps asking my product key when I logon

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

linkmaster03

When I log on to my account, a window comes up and there is a black background. It asks if I want to:

Access my computer with limited functionality
Enter a different product key
Contact TOSHIBA for support

I select enter a product key. I enter it, and my computer is activated fine, and I have full access to my account as usual. But, this happens every single time I log on. I do not want to enter it every time I log on! This started happened when I installed the following updates:

Also, when I am on the computer, Aero Glass and 3D window switching do not work. They worked perfect before those updates, and my system supports it.

Please help.

(Vista Home Premium)

something like that has been happening to me, just randomly though, haven't tried it at log in

It's gives me the options of

Buy a new product key online
type a different product key
contact acer to help resolve this issue

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Looks like "contact acer to help resolve this issue" is the BEST step to take!

linkmaster03

I contacted Toshiba, my laptop provider (Acer was the repliers) and they transferred me to Microsoft to be issued a new product key. They couldn't give me a new key. What now?

Toshiba should handle it but one thing I would do is uninstall all the updates, turn off auto update and assume Ms knows the issue and will fix it with future updates. Maybe abetter thought would be to use System Restore to return the system to prior to the updates.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online