1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista Language Packs BSOD

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by bozotheclown, Jul 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bozotheclown

bozotheclown Thread Starter

I just let Vista install some updates, and I came back to be greeted by a blue screen, saying the error was "Windows did not find any installed, licensed language packs for the system default UI language" But the thing is that I put recommended updates, and it's already in English so why would Vista install extra language packs? Is there a way to fix this? It says to put in my Vista CD and select "repair", but I only have restore CDs and I don't see an option to "repair." I can't even get in through safe mode or last working configuration, it still says the error. I really don't wanna wipe the HDD clean, is there a way to fix this? Would getting a regular copy of Vista let me repair it?
    This is Vista Home Premium SP1, btw.
    Thanks guys

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/733516

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice