Vista lazy? won't "wake up"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

unstresst

intermittent problem.
upon returning to computer and moving the mouse, Vista will take forever to 'wake up'
on occasion I've sat sliding the mouse for 2 to 4 minutes to wake it.

Look in the event logs to see what is causing the slow resume.

Event Viewer

Applications and Services Logs => Microsoft => Windows => Diagnostics-Performance => Operational

Look for events in the 300-399 range. It's most likely a NIC driver causing the problem.

unstresst

TechB said:
Look in the event logs to see what is causing the slow resume.

Event Viewer

Applications and Services Logs => Microsoft => Windows => Diagnostics-Performance => Operational

Look for events in the 300-399 range. It's most likely a NIC driver causing the problem.
===================
Three problems were hangin it up.
two solved so far.
see attatched

This driver is defunct.....where do i find it to uninstall it?

Attachments

Try unplugging your HP multifunction device. Try a different driver for your video. Sometimes an older driver may work better. I had to roll back three versions of my wireless NIC driver to get my laptop to sleep properly.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online