1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista Mexico version to US version

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by nancyvan, Sep 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nancyvan

nancyvan Thread Starter

I purchased a Toshiba notebook computer in Mexico, where I am presently living. I thought I could change the operating system to U.S. I discovered that I could not do that, so I had my Mexican Tech guys install a new operating system (they did not give me the disks). Windows Vista Home Premium. My computer still thinks it is in Mexico, from time to time, and I can deal with that. However, I cannot get my sound recording settings to work properly. Being out of the U.S., it is very important that I use Skype. I can get it to work, and the next day it is not working. Control panel settings say that everything is functioning properly - drivers are current, etc. Yesterday it was working, today it is not. The speakers are fine. I just can't talk to anyone because they cannot hear me. For several weeks, Skype complained about "noise in the background". Now it is complaining that I do not have an installed recording device. WOULD IT HELP IF I WENT ON LINE AND BOUGHT AND INSTALLED ON LINE ANOTHER COPY OF WINDOWS VISTA? I tried connecting an old headset with microphone, and it did not show the installation of the device, nor did it show up in control panel as an option for me to us. FINALLY, in Sounds, in my control panel, it shows that I have the same recording device TWICE. One is listed as ... (2). Should I remove it? THANK YOU!

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Might want to look in device manager to see if you have any warnings!

3. nancyvan

nancyvan Thread Starter

Thank you. My device manager shows no warnings or problems. It specifically states that my sound systems are functioning correctly. Again I wonder if it is that I have high definition audo device and then again high definition audio device(2). Should one be deleted?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/863760

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice