1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista Network Sharing Issues

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by ABSiNTH, Oct 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ABSiNTH

ABSiNTH Thread Starter

Ok so I have been struggling with this for several days now. I have a htpc in my living room running vista home premium 32 bit. An external harddrive stores all of my media that want to be able to access from anywhere in the house. My wife's notebook has vista home premium 32bit and can access the shared folders on my htpc just fine, streaming media with no problems. My roommates machines are xp and also have no probs either. My brand new notebook runs vista home premium 64bit and whenever i try to access the shares i get the following error:

\\htpc is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource (which according to the security tab i do). Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer.

From the htpc, i can access the shared folders on my new notebook with no issues; odd right? Security and sharing perms are set corrctly with everyone on modify. The problem must lie on my new notebook as it is the only one having trouble accessing the htpc's shared drives, yet all other pcs in the house can access my new notebook's drives as well as the htpc's drives. All pcs are on the same workgroup too. I have tried disabling the firewall on both the htpc and my new notebook to no avail the same error. PLEASE HELP AS THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING!!! Thanks in advance everyone.

ABSiNTH

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758162

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice