1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista partition.....??????

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by superthrobik, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superthrobik

superthrobik Thread Starter

Hi people, please help coz im tearing my hair out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Im running vista os on a msi u1oo laptop, Recently , i compressed my c: drive, now ive read many forums, learned and burned the vista recovery iso(i think) to a cd, and set up my USB(as the msi has no cd drive) using commands in the cmd.exe field, AND it works, i can boot my laptop now to the repair screen,
    Now someone said that after choosing the Vista os, click "load drivers" , so i did that, then he said a sot of "my computer" popup wil appear, which it did, and then i should see the "Vista Partition", which i should right click on, then UNCHECK the "compress my drive to save space" option and my computer should be resarted to startup normally again.......!
    Now i dont think i downloaded the "vista partition files" onto the USB coz i dont see the "Vista partition" like he said i should......... could someone please expain to me how to either do the partition?? is it done in the cmd.exe feild??? Or where i can get the right files to put on the USB so ill see them at the boot repair screen??? Do they need to be ISO files and burn to the cd first?? Or please tell me exactly what i should do to execute the right way to decompress my C: drive pleeeease!!!?????
    Im a novice and thats why this hasnt worked for me!! Please help!??
    Thankyou

2. joeten

joeten

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974014

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice