1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista + PCI Network Card = DEATH

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Willenius, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Willenius

Willenius Thread Starter

My in-built network adapter got fried ages ago, so I obtained a PCI network card. An SMC 1255TX (or an SMC EZ Card 10 as windows likes to call it). It was standard plug n' play in XP, as well as Vista RTM. But I got Vista Home Premium today and thats where things go sour. I plug it in, and no plug n' play; I have to install the drivers. I've tried installing drivers for each and every version of windows, yet all come to the same conclusion. After the drivers install, the computer slows down like crazy. It's as if I was playing a game, while playing 2 movies, while running Norton's. That's how slow it gets. When I boot in safe mode and remove the drivers, the computer goes back to normal.

Although, when I install the 98 drivers I can get on the internet, but the computer is so slow it doesn't really matter.

What should I do?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539930

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice