Vista Permissions Pain

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

themagician8

New laptop with Vista Home Premium.

Trying to send a buddy a file thru a remote admin program called Radmin
It works like an FTP client.

File is on my desktop.

One window has my desktop, the other window has his desktop.

Unfortunately Vista won't "allow" me to access my own stuff on my own computer, and has Documents & Settings blocked out.

So I can't access the desktop in the Remote admin prog.

There are no other users/log-ins on this PC, just me and I have admin rights.

Wut the Heck...???

How do I fix this?

Thanks!

[unnecessary comment deleted by mod]

TerryNet

Terry
Your language is much better. I deleted what I took to show disrespect towards a moderator's actions.

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
Windows Vista doesn't use the "Documents & Settings" folder for the user profile like Windows XP does, it has a new folder called "Users" that has replaced "Documents & Setting"s - the reason the "Documents & Settings" folder is still there is to act as a redirect folder for older applications - it cannot and should not be directly accessed by the user.

Your Desktop folder therefore is located in the C:\Users\your_username\ folder.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online