1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista Pink Screen with active mouse cursor

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by jvthink, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jvthink

jvthink Thread Starter

Daughter had to reboot Vista last week after releasing IP in attempt to logon to a wireless network. When reboot completed the password interface popped up, she typed in password for profile and after completing the normal wait to bring up desktop the screen blanks with mouse on top. This is a widescreen Z61m 9450-a36 Thinkpad and I get same problem on external monitor. Odd thing is you can hit Fn F5 to manage wireless and menu pops up over the pink background just fine. If you go into safe mode, you get a blank black screen with safe mode in all four corners. i have run chkdsk and went fine. I did a Norton scan and it was fine. I could not run SFC /scannow and got a "Windows Resource Error" when I try to run but i have found the CBS. Log file.

I can get to a c: by putting in the DVD and booting to a utility. Would like to update some drivers but I can't figure out a way to run a browser although I do have Internet access. Any ideas on something I could install? I have about 40Gb available. I have the Vista code to reinstall the software. Could I install to another directory so I can recover the main Windows and application environment????

Jim V.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971541

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice