1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista Re-Activation

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Grimzella, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grimzella

Grimzella Thread Starter

I've ran into this many time, my solution was to RELOAD. I have a system that i want to avoid reloading if possible. Why is it when a particular virus infect windows, the windows activation gets reset, and you must REYPE the Vista product OEM keycode? Here is the best part. They put the sticker on the BOTTOM of the laptop right where someone's leg is going to WIP OFF the keycode for vista. Now guess what.. lol. its gone (worn away) and i can no longer see the code. ALSO>>> i already tried magic jellybean ect to retrive the keycode.. they ALL come up EMPTY. no key is displayed.. its like the VIRUS wiped the key out completely. I can already see where this is going with Toshiba & microsoft. Buy another copy or Buy our toshiba rescue cds. Boy they get you no matter what. First of all.. take a hint from dell.. put the keycode sticker in THE BATTERY Compartment.. or a coverplate or something. not right where they KNOW its gonna get worn, ripped or destroyed somehow. conspiracy to buy the restore cd's?? :eek: i know someone else had to of seen this problem. I also have a post on Toshibas website As this is a Satellite OEM laptop.

Thanks for any help:

Dave

2. TekTime

TekTime

I hear your frustration, same issue with an old laptop I had. Luckily at the time the key rubbed off, the laptop took its last breath and died, so there was no need to even worry about it.

Might be a longshot, but do you have the serial number for that laptop? If so, you could contact Toshiba, inquire who the OEM manufacturer was, and see if they can give you the corresponding key for that PC if you prove ownership.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029974

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice