1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista reboots during statup

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Beeeater, Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beeeater

Beeeater Thread Starter

Once again Vista is driving me crazy - but now it's serious. Suddenly my system has begun rebooting during startup. Vista displays the scrolling lines for awhile, then the cursor appears in the centre of the screen - then BANG! The PC reboots, with the initial POST screen. No error messages, nothing in the system logs. Thank God I have a working drive image to restore, because nothing else will fix the problem - not Safe Mode, not Last Known Good. The problem is, I cannot switch off my PC without having to do a complete drive restore the next time I switch on. Which means that my OST file in Outlook is now wrong, and any recent changes have been lost, as well as my mind, I think. Vista has certainly cut a few years off MY lifespan! If Bill Gates had to pay a dollar for every minute of wasted time that Vista has cost us poor suckers, he would be bankrupt very quickly!

Additional: I tried the Vista system repair, booting with my Vista Ultimate CD, which after about half an hour of 'attempting repairs' made not the slightest difference. I also restored the Vista image to a different hard drive, in case it was a hardware issue - also no difference.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/791240

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice