1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista reboots from update since 12/11-12/09

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Waring_wolves, Dec 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waring_wolves

Waring_wolves Thread Starter

just installed the update and then it reboots continuously during the config of the said update. Please help.

2. Ent

Ent Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Josiah
    Can you boot it in safe mode? Then you might be able to open Windows Update, click "installed updates" at the bottom left, and remove the update in question.

3. Waring_wolves

Waring_wolves Thread Starter

I forgot to reply to this thread that i asked my teacher what was wrong with my computer and i showed him what happened, even when booting into safe mode, which does the same thing. My Teacher said that the update i did corrupted my OS so i had to reinstall an OS onto the hard drive, which i did after i copied over the data i wanted to keep to a usb via a SATA-to-USB cable set. When the data was copied over i just installed XP for Vista gives me too much trouble plus i made it into a multi-boot computer that also has KUbuntu "Dapper Drake" which will let me learn more about Linux. All summed up, was unable to boot, both normally and in safe mode, and had to reinstall everything, making sure the partition was deleted and start from scratch.
    Last but not least, thanks for trying Ent, even if i managed to fix it without your help.:)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/885457

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice