1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista Recovery Manager

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by sunshyne49, Apr 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sunshyne49

sunshyne49 Thread Starter

Hello,
    I have a question regarding Vista Recovery Manager. I have an Acer Aspire laptop that I am trying to restore to factory settings. I have restored this laptop to factory settings 3 or 4 different times with no problem. During startup I used the F8 key to access the Recovery Manager, then selected "restore to factory settings" from the list of options. Now, however, when I get to Recovery Manager, the option to restore to factory settings is no longer included in the list. The last option on the list is Command Prompt instead of restore to factory settings. I am using the Administrator account, I do not understand why the option is no longer listed. I am not aware of any other method to do the restore. I do not have a disc, and I do not want to use a restore point. Does anyone know how I can get the option back on the Recovery Manager list?

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Can you still boot into Vista? If so, there may be a way to get to the Recovery partition from there, and perhaps it's not too late to create your set of Recovery DVDs.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1124706