1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista registry problem

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Zello, Aug 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Zello

Zello Thread Starter

First of all, I want to say that I owe this site and Kevin in particular a much belated debt of gratitude for helping me with my virus problem back in April/May. I'm late in giving this because over a month went by without me realizing that I had an email with the partition program I needed. Thanks so much for that Tech Support Guys!

Now, however, I have a new problem. After finding and removing a virus with Avast and scheduling a boot scan, my laptop will not reboot and goes through a cycle where it prompts me to either use startup repair or start normally and then just goes to a blue screen with the following message: "The registry cannot load the hive (file): \systemroot\system32\config\software or its log or alternate. It is corrupt, absent, or not writable" after which it then cycles back to the beginning of the boot in order to do it all over again. What can I do? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Zello

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1064761