1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista Remote Desktop

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by gurutech, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gurutech

gurutech Thread Starter

I can remote desktop into my Vista PC, but whenever I do this when someone else is logged in, I get prompted to basically kick them off.

If I say yes, they get a pop-up that says I want to use the computer, and gives them 30 seconds to respond before forcing them off, letting me get in.

I immediately got the same pop-up on my end because my daughter wanted to use the machine (from the console).

Is there a way to either allow or disallow certain users/groups from kicking someone off?

Basically, I kicked my daughter off because it's past her bed time (she's 5.) I don't want her to be able to kick me back off. I already have the "login time" restriction set, but somehow she got past that (maybe because she was still logged in, but "locked" when I kicked her off.)

What I would like to do is force a logoff when logon hours expire (this is set in my domain policy, but doesn't work), and to be able to kick someone off the computer if I want to use it remotely (preferrably with no pop-up, just kick them off), and for them not to be able to do this to me.

I'm running Vista Ultimate SP1, attached to a 2003 Domain.

Thanks in advance!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702540

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice