1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista restarts when loading windows

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by nautica85, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nautica85

nautica85 Thread Starter

I have read some posts on the internet, but none seem to be similar to my situation. I have loaded and used Vista Ultimate for over 3 years now with my 3 year old computer and just recently it started to restart automatically when it's loading windows. I get an option to safe mode start with either networking drivers or command prompt but any selection I choose still gets restarted automatically. It never was a problem before and my computer has been stable for 3 years now, anyone know of a solution to get back into windows so that I may save my files and then I will just do a clean install. I don't have a secondary HDD so a few options are out anyone know anything else that might help?

P.S I also have Windows 7 Ultimate and when I put the disk in it loaded the installation phase but I cannot upgrade from startup I have to be in Windows to do that, and I don't want to do a clean install. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Specs:

AMD 5600+
    ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe
    4GB Patriot DDR2 (4x1)
    150GB WD Raptor
    SB 2 Audigy
    ATI 512 DDR3 VD (i dont remember the model, was made in 2006-2007)
    500W Antec PS

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914804

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice