1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista reverting back to old theme

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by slorlkuk, May 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. slorlkuk

slorlkuk Thread Starter

I can's seem to be able to get the Vista Aero theme to stick. I downloaded this program that was supposed to change XP to look like Vista, but I already had Vista installed. I just wanted it for the "Object Dock" program. Anyways, when I uninstalled it, it made my computer look like a wnidows 2000 installation. When I go to themes, I am able to turn it back to Aero, but everytime I restart my Computer, it goes back to the win2000 theme. Please help me with this, I can't figure it out.:(

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

You might not have a compatible video card to run aero.

3. slorlkuk

slorlkuk Thread Starter

It was running perfectly before I downloaded that specific program. It was only after I uninstalled it that I started getting this problem.

4. downtime

downtime

Open All programs, accessories, right click on command prompt, click run as administrator, when it opens, type sfc /scannow. You will likely need the vista dvd.

5. slorlkuk

slorlkuk Thread Starter

I ran sfc /scannow in command prompt and it says:
    "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations." -after it finished scanning

What exactly is "sfc"?

Thanks for the help BTW, although I don't think it did anything.

6. downtime

downtime

It's system file checker, it verifies that no windows file are corrupt or have been replaced by anything other than windows. There's a free object dock, I use it without problems. In Personalization, Window Color and Appearance, Click on Classic appearance properties. Is Windows Aero selected there?

7. slorlkuk

slorlkuk Thread Starter

Ok, thanks for clarifying. Also, Windows Aero is selected. I re-downloaded the stupid program and I am thinking of installing it again and then uninstalling. Hopefully it works, but I am not sure if I want to since I could screw my PC even more.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/575748

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice