1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista says hard drive has gotten smaller!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by jwblant, Nov 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jwblant

jwblant Thread Starter

Hey everyone!

A friend of mine was trying to install iOS5 on her iPhone and whenever it was downloading, it suddenly stopped and said something like there was not space on her disk drive. So last night I took a look at it and Vista was saying that she only had about 500MB or so left on her C drive. So I began looking for things to delta, expecting the download folder and recycle bin to be slam full with files that have been there from the day she got her computer. However, there was almost nothing in these folders. Then I ran CCleaner and it only deleted a couple of measly MB. I decided to look again and Vista was saying that her C drive only a max capacity of 28GB! Even though this computer is 4 or 5 years old, there's no way this is correct. I talked to her and she used this laptop all through college and had tons and tons of documents and it was never close to being full. Now that she graduated and deleted those files, her hard drive is almost completely full!

To be clear, Vista is saying that the hard drive itself has gotten smaller and NOT that it's more full than it is. And because of this, the computer runs PAINFULLY slow. Also, I don't have the computer with me so I can't provided any more detailed information as of now.

Do you guys have any clue what could have happened?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025588

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice