1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista shares not updating on other machines

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by turkvu, Feb 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turkvu

turkvu Thread Starter

I have a share on my Vista machine that I have no trouble accessing from my XP machine and from my xbox360, however - when I add new files to that share I can't see the new files on either the XP machine or the 360.

The only way to get the new files to appear is to go to the vista machine and essentially re-share the folder, meaning that I need to right click the file, click on share and go through the share process again (without actually changing anything).

Any ideas on how to get it to automatically share the newly added files?

Thanks!

2. turkvu

turkvu Thread Starter

^bump^

3. Mussels

Mussels

I have the same problem, only its also happening on a windows 7 system with the share.

As far as i can tell, it works when all systems connecting use the owner of the machines (aka, the person logged in)'s user name to connect, but when they use generic/read only ones they only see the files added before the share was created.

I've started a thread on a website where i'm a moderator, and linked to here.
    Here is a link to that forum thread.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/797279

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice