1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista Should Have Been Called Screw Up A Good Computer

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by pyrotruck, Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pyrotruck

pyrotruck Thread Starter

About four months ago I purchased Vista for my PC and it worked great for about a month. Now it doesnt boot without the disk in the drive, keeps screwing with my raid array, and I reinstall the OS once a month to keep it running.

This is with a custom pc that has all major name brand parts.

ASUS Mobo, Amd Athlon 64 x2, 4 gb DRR2 ram, ATI video card, And Seagate SATA Hard Drives, ETC

Does any one have any solutions for these problems or should i switch back to XP?

2. lawson_jl

lawson_jl

Sounds like you should take Vista back (if you can) and go back to XP. I say that cause there is something wrong with you not Vista. You would appear to have a driver issue or some hardware incompatabilites with your system.

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

Sounds like you have something seriously wrong with your machine, the way you use it, or some programs you use. No OS should need reinstalling that often. Do you run a firewall and anti-malware apps as well as antivirus? Are there any other problems that point to a dying hard drive or bad memory?

I've installed Vista on many machines including both old and new ones of my own and have had very few problems of any sort. So it may well be something other than the OS that is at the root of your problems.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756804

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice