1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista sleep mode troubles

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by StoneRyno, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StoneRyno

StoneRyno Thread Starter

I just recently built a Vista PC. I was able to put the pc into sleep mode originally. Although I had some driver issues related to playing games prior to SP1. Seeing as that was the case I wanted to start with a clean install of Vista to update it to SP1. I can't get the pc to go into sleep mode any more. It either hangs indefinately and never powers down everything or on an occasion or two it actually crashed, I guess you could say, and instead of hanging the pc restarted after a minute or less. I know past versions of windows this has always been a problem so it is of no shock to me that I am once again seeing a problem with it but since it did work before SP1 it makes me wonder what is going on to make it not work after SP1. BIOS settings didn't change except for having to manually set memory timings so that the mobo would actually run the RAM at its rated timings. It took some time to figure out that was why the PC wouldn't always boot to the point of beginning to load Vista. But anyways I highly doubt that would have anything to do with the pc not going into sleep mode when I ask it to. Any ideas on how to fix this or once again do we have a senario where sleep mode it completely broken in the OS and they will never get around to fixing it like with previous versions.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698867

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice