1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista Sleep Mode

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by gamezmaster, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gamezmaster

gamezmaster Guest Thread Starter

Hello, I'm running Vista Ultimate 32-bit and I'm having a problem with the sleep mode. The last time Vista resumed from sleep mode, I received a STOP error.

However, the most bizarre thing was that when I put it into sleep, about 10 seconds later, the system came on by itself! It then showed the STOP error as KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (STATUS_DEVICE_NOT_CONNECTED).

The Event Viewer says that the system was resumed from sleep by Intel(R) 82801FB/FBM USB Universal Host Controller - 2659. However, the only devices attached to it are 'USB Composite Device' and 'Microsoft USB Wireless Mouse (IntelliPoint)'.

Can anyone help me solve this problem?

I have attached the Crash Dump file from WinDebug as a text file to this post.

Attached Files:

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

You need to check the bios settings to make sure no wake-ups are allowed in Power Management and that the correct settings are enabled for usb mouse and keyboard (if keyboard is used). BTW if you have installed Ms Intellimouse drivers, I would uninstall them as they make the worst mouse software and you don't really need any anyway.

3. gamezmaster

Thanks for your reply.

I've dome some diagnosis after correcting some settings in device manager for keyboard and mouse. I disabled "Allow this device to wake the computer" which did the trick. I found that when I unplug my broadband modem before entering sleep, it works fine and resuming also seems to be flawless.

However, when I put it to sleep with the modem connected, it comes on instantly and sometimes I get the blue screen and sometimes I don't. My modem is an old WebStar DPX100 Series connected by Ethernet. My intergrated NIC is "Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller". This also is not allowed to wake the computer.

4. Rich-M

Rich-M

Maybe you should also seek a new modem? Old hardware causes most of those PM issues.

5. gamezmaster

Yeah I have been thinking but I'm with Virgin Media which is cable and I don't quite know which modem would work with my connection. I'm reluctant to call the Customer Support because they will charge a lot and waste my time :) But I will look into it and try to find a compatible one.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/645331

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice