1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista Sound Dilemma

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Justa:DL, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justa:DL

Justa:DL Thread Starter

I recently brought an amp ( Yamaha rx- v461 av amp ) an connected it to my Pc via an optical cable, running through the Dtv/Cable input.

But sound only comes out of my 2 front loud speakers not my rears or my sub! my spec :

Operating System Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit
    Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (KB936330)

Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5B

Audio Adapter Digital Output Device (SPDIF) ((Intel 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller)

Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX

ATTEMPTS:
    =============
    [sound card drivers]

I have attempted to install the drivers or drive for the sound card which in located on the motherboard but i dont think i found the specific one so i did install any driver from the site.

Digital output SPDIF HD audio Device :
    =====================
    All drivers are put to date. But it still don't have the option the select 5.1 channel setup . but when i run the speaker test sound come out of all the speaker ?

Amp
    =============
    The amp has a function to select the out put code eg pro logic, dts and the rest , but when its set the dtv/cable output it turns to "straight" and high lights the to front speakers in the OSD. The funny thing is i use the same Dtv/Cable sound output for my PS3 ( i swap the optical cable at the back ) and the outputted sound from the PS3 can be set any of the amps sound profiles

im mean come on, what the hell is up with vista!

if there is any one who knows any thing about any thing about this subject, please will you post a reply.

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698712

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice