1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista Sound, Media, Restore Problems

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by brrumby, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brrumby

brrumby Thread Starter

My Vista on a Gateway GT5422E was working great on Thursday, Oct. 25, 2007. On Friday, I had no sound at all. I had a few other minor errors also, i.e. ATI Radeon x1550 Catalyst Center will not work. My I-tunes, Windows Media Player or any sound do not work. I re-installed the Realtek Sound Drivers with no luck.

I checked all Windows updates. I did notice that there was Windows Updates on Friday Morning (3 a.m.) which I cannot roll back. My restore does not work at all...says error 0X81000202 "cannot restore to an earlier date". I uninstalled with McAfees Tech support the entire virus/firewall suite, in case this was the problem, also with no luck. Any ideas? I need any help? I hope not to have to restore the the entire OS and lose the installed software/data.

I think this maybe the same situation as a number of people. Linked to a MS Update?

Also I just noticed that under "System" it no longer shows the information for my computer, i.e. Processor, RAM, etc.

I appreciate any assistance.

2. Jacee

Jacee

3. brrumby

brrumby Thread Starter

Jaycee, Thanks! That worked. I was able to restore before I think the updates? changed everything. I assume that it was an update as 2 MS updates occurred over that night.
    I appreciate the help!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644787

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice