Vista Sound, Media, Restore Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

brrumby

My Vista on a Gateway GT5422E was working great on Thursday, Oct. 25, 2007. On Friday, I had no sound at all. I had a few other minor errors also, i.e. ATI Radeon x1550 Catalyst Center will not work. My I-tunes, Windows Media Player or any sound do not work. I re-installed the Realtek Sound Drivers with no luck.

I checked all Windows updates. I did notice that there was Windows Updates on Friday Morning (3 a.m.) which I cannot roll back. My restore does not work at all...says error 0X81000202 "cannot restore to an earlier date". I uninstalled with McAfees Tech support the entire virus/firewall suite, in case this was the problem, also with no luck. Any ideas? I need any help? I hope not to have to restore the the entire OS and lose the installed software/data.

I think this maybe the same situation as a number of people. Linked to a MS Update?

Also I just noticed that under "System" it no longer shows the information for my computer, i.e. Processor, RAM, etc.

I appreciate any assistance.

brrumby

Jaycee, Thanks! That worked. I was able to restore before I think the updates? changed everything. I assume that it was an update as 2 MS updates occurred over that night.
I appreciate the help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online