Vista Start up - Corrupt Registry

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Caveman67

Hoping someone can help here. My wife owns a Toshiba Satellite Laptop with Vista Home Premium installed. The other day the laptop went beep and shut down. Now it will not boot up - it gets the Toshiba screen then goes to a white flashing cursor in the top left. Pressing F8 does not open up the Recovery Console, I have downloaded a Recovery Console program and burnt it to a disc. I can select to boot from the DVD Drive and the Recovery console does open up.
I have tried the Start Up Repair, but consistently encounter an error which reads 'The exception breakpoint: A breakpoint has been reached (0x80000003) occurred in the application at location 0x739c746a: Click ok to terminate.'
It will then open a box stating that Windows cannot repair the problem. Under the details, it lists the following;

Problem Signature 01 External Media
Problem Signature 02 6.0.6000.16386.6.0.6001.18000
Problem Signature 03 6
Problem Signature 04 262148
Problem Signature 05 Corrupt Registry
Problem Signature 06 Corrupt Registry
Problem Signature 07 32
Problem Signature 08 3
Problem Signature 09 Rollback Registry
Problem Signature 10 32

I have also ran chkdsk from the Command Prompt, but that has found no errors.
There is no other back up disc and I don't have a copy of Vista with the laptop.

Any advice will be welcome. Thanks in advance.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online