1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista Start up - Corrupt Registry

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Caveman67, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caveman67

Caveman67 Thread Starter

Hoping someone can help here. My wife owns a Toshiba Satellite Laptop with Vista Home Premium installed. The other day the laptop went beep and shut down. Now it will not boot up - it gets the Toshiba screen then goes to a white flashing cursor in the top left. Pressing F8 does not open up the Recovery Console, I have downloaded a Recovery Console program and burnt it to a disc. I can select to boot from the DVD Drive and the Recovery console does open up.
    I have tried the Start Up Repair, but consistently encounter an error which reads 'The exception breakpoint: A breakpoint has been reached (0x80000003) occurred in the application at location 0x739c746a: Click ok to terminate.'
    It will then open a box stating that Windows cannot repair the problem. Under the details, it lists the following;

Problem Signature 01 External Media
    Problem Signature 02 6.0.6000.16386.6.0.6001.18000
    Problem Signature 03 6
    Problem Signature 04 262148
    Problem Signature 05 Corrupt Registry
    Problem Signature 06 Corrupt Registry
    Problem Signature 07 32
    Problem Signature 08 3
    Problem Signature 09 Rollback Registry
    Problem Signature 10 32

I have also ran chkdsk from the Command Prompt, but that has found no errors.
    There is no other back up disc and I don't have a copy of Vista with the laptop.

Any advice will be welcome. Thanks in advance.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025159

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice