1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista start up problems

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Patch101, Dec 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patch101

Patch101 Thread Starter

Recently, my computer stopped booting up properly. Last time I used my computer, this morning, the charger fell out and the computer shut off shortly afterwards. I restarted the computer, and right after the little splash screen that said VAIO (the make of my computer) there was a screen that said Windows had failed to start and that it might be due to recent hardware or software changes. There are 5 choices for starting up: Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking Support, Safe Mode with Command Prompt, Last Known Good Configuration, and Start Windows Normally. Each option ends up giving me a brief blue screen for like a nanosecond, and then restarts the computer. I disabled automatic restart at error screens and got this error code: 0x00000024 (0x00190445, 0x86986310, 0xc0000102, 0x00000000)
    Any help would be appreciated, I don't really understand much about computers :eek:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970220

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice