1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista start up screen black safe mode is stuck

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by DavidPatterson, Aug 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidPatterson

DavidPatterson Thread Starter

hp laptop when i start up my laptop it goes to a black screen an freezes and when i try safe mode it freezes at

loading: \windows\system32\drivers\crcdisk.sys

I have tryed repairing and reloading microsoft still the same error. if any one knows how to correct this problem please help!

2. joeten

joeten

hi you should have a recovery partition this should help
    Restore the PC to its original condition with the HP Recovery Manager if Windows Vista is not accessible
    If the PC cannot launch into Windows, it may still be possible to use the HP Recovery Manager on the hard drive to restore the computer to its original operating condition by first pressing the Power button to start the PC, and then pressing the F11 key to start the HP Recovery Manager. NOTE: Depending on the BIOS version, your computer may display multiple prompts during startup including F11 to start System Recovery. Pressing the F11 key on a computer with an HP factory image will start System Recovery even if the prompt is not displayed

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/851409

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice