1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista startup error after Roxio Easy media creator 10 install

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Magikus, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Magikus

Magikus Thread Starter

Hey everyone I just got this problem after I installed Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 on Vista. If anyone can help me please let me know. Right after I type in my user name and password at startup I recieve the following error message before Windows loads. It gives me only one option to press ok then windows loads. I know it is not a huge problem but it is annoying and I would like to get my windows back to how it was. Thanks in advance if you can fix this......... google gives me nothing and the roxio forums won't let me create an account for some weird reason. :mad: PS - The program and vista run perfect with the exception of this one error.

Registry Write Error
    you must have administrator rights on the local machine in order to install this software.

My specs are: Gateway® Intel® Centrino® Duo Processor Technology Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor. Windows Vista™ Home Premium, 3GB DDR2 memory, 250GB hard drive, reads and writes dual-layer DVDs and CDs, Labelflash™ disc labeling technology**, nVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 8800 GTS graphics with 512MB discrete graphics memory and DirectX® 10, integrated webcam, microphone and Bluetooth® wireless technology. 17" Ultrabright™ Widescreen* (P-6831FX)

2. Magikus

Magikus Thread Starter

wow I fixed my own problem so randomly... I was looking in control panel to make sure my account was administrator and then I noticed turn user account control on or off. So I turned it off and on restart I had no more errors. Then I decided I still wanted to keep user account control for the added security so I turned it back on and restarted and still there was no errors. I hope this helps if anyone else has similar problems. I couldn't find any help on the net. :eek:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/682285