1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista style folder tree in address bar? or other place?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by adlamb, Nov 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adlamb

adlamb Thread Starter

Hi,
    Ive been using Vista quite a lot recently and really appreciate the feature of adding the current folder directory in the address bar. Is there any way of doing something similar with XP? I currently use the tree in the 'Folders' explorer bar but I have many folders with very similar contents (web design) and it would be really useful to be able to check that im looking at the folder I want to by using the Vista style address bar tree.

cheers in advance for any ideas.

2. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

Control Panel | Folder Options
    View Tab
    check Display the full path in the address bar

You can't click on "upstream" folders like you can in Vista, but it does show where you are.

HTH

Jerry

3. adlamb

adlamb Thread Starter

Yeah thats not bad but its not as easy to read as the Vista style. I was hoping someone had developed a way of making it similar to Vista.

Cheers for that tho.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/773542

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice