1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista thumbnails are broken...

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by scott0h, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scott0h

scott0h Thread Starter

So Vista somehow completely screwed up whatever function there is that displays thumbnails in Explorer. I think this MAY be related to when I uninstalled Windows Live Photo Gallery Beta, but I have no way of confirming that.

Anyways, no thumbnails show up in Explorer for ANY images, this is EXTREMELY frustrating and there seems to be nobody else in the entire world who has faced the same problem I am having right now, despite the fact that this has happened to me once before already, I ended up reformatting and reinstalling Vista, but I'm sure as hell not doing that this time.

Searching for a solution has yielded no help either, all the results simply state to 're-enable' thumbnails in the Folder Views window or the system performance window in the control panel. I've checked and thumbnails ARE enabled, they're just broken and won't display at all. I've noticed that some images which I have viewed in the past still show thumbnails at medium size, but if I change the view to something larger, it doesn't generate the thumbnail, it just flashes for a second and goes back to the default image icon.

2. scott0h

scott0h Thread Starter

Help would be appreciated.

3. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    How much RAM (memory) does this machine have?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754300

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice