1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista To Be Released On......

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by dr911, Jan 27, 2007.

?

Will You Purchase Vista For You Home PC ?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

44.1%
  3. Don't Know

5.9%
  4. What's Vista ?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dr911

dr911 Thread Starter

Hey All,

I just spoke to an "Staples District Manager" tonight. He informed me that Windows Vista (Home users) will be released on the 01-30-2007 (Thursday),

I asked him...How much ?? He said "for the "upgrade version" it will run around $99.00". He doesn't know "full" version price yet.

Who's going to get their check-books out ??

2. bigk

bigk

I was going to get the full version of the "Home premium" version on launch day. But I think I'm going to wait at least a few months.

Bigk :)

3. anglin_fool

anglin_fool

I've been hangin on to Windows ME for the whole 7 years it's been out stayin away from XP. I'm keepin it on this computer but I want a new computer! Now I have a new operatin system that will (I hope) bring computin into the 21st century as what we thought ME was supposed to do! I'm lookin forward to it.

yeah right! :rolleyes:

4. jackin0627

jackin0627

:D I like the PIRATED EDITION, Hah...

5. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    it needs to have at least SP1 released before i think about a move :) :)

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Before you get too far down that road, you might want to check the TSG Rules. :rolleyes:

7. dr911

dr911 Thread Starter

I think "jackin0627" should grow up. Also.....maybe "ban" him/her for a couple of days.

8. jackin0627

jackin0627

Sorry,but only a joke.

9. Flrman1

Flrman1

That would be Tuesday! ;)

I already have it. I'm posting this from Vista right now and I didn't even have to get out the check book. :D

No, it's not pirated! :)

10. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

Yeah, I'll most likely have Vista ultimate on my machine next week.

Hopefully all goes well. I may need to add another gigabyte of ram though. Is 2 gigs enough for Vista and gaming?

:confused:

Attached Files:

11. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

Yeah, us in the know could have been running it for awhile now. Especially if MS likes you. :p

Mark, how is your memory usage at idle? I game man and if Vista hogs up all my memory then I am out of the game. Also, since I bought OEM should I upgrade the memory BEFORE I install?

As I understand, Vista OEM will be totally machine locked which is OK with me but how far will MS allow us to upgrade? I mean, my board is all cool but I may upgrade my ram and processor. If MS treats Vista like XP, as long as I have the same board I will be fine.......Right?

12. agallah005

agallah005

I saw in Bestbuy.com that Vista will cost upwards of $399.00 I'll wait till I need to buy it, by then I'll get the second version with all the glitches cleared up, LOL

13. agallah005

agallah005

I mean, for most people, it's just going to "THE ULTIMATE SOLITAIRE" anyways, I dont' know I'll wait a couple months or maybe a year, maybe I'll buy it after I get my tax money back, around april, until then, I'll wait until I hear about all the glitches, since XP had it's problems as well, shoooooooot. as for the Pirated Version, I've done that, but I'd rather have the real deal because If I'm not correct, MS will move onto constantly validating your OS, which is what happens with XP every now and then when My PC crashes or I decide to re-install XP's OS in order to get rid of viruses.....I'd either have to call or type in some validation number that's like 50 numbers deep.

14. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

I admit I was one of those people who went down to the store and bought XP on the day it was released. I'm not excited about Vista this time though.

15. dr911

dr911 Thread Starter

I have to agree with "Frank4d".....with an older PC.....why invest all that money. I'm happy with XP & 98se !!

I'm NOT going to "rush" out and buy Vista. I starting to learn Linux, so...why waste my hard-earned $$ ?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538726

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice