1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

vista to xp

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by capetoker, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. capetoker

capetoker Thread Starter

I have a toshiba p200 with vista I formated the drive got rid of vista compleatly and installed xp on it no problum. I used the wireless drivers for my a100 and the wireless works great connects to the internet great the dvd works and the camera works. But I can't find any drivers for the sd slot, sound,ethernet controller,masss storage controller,pci device,sm bus controller,video controller,video controller (vga compatble)I know I don't need some of these but the sound and sd slot would be nice.Is there any way to get these drivers and make them work with this sytem. I have belarc on it and this is what it says I don't know if I am allowed to post this or not but here it is anyway. Any info would be great Thanks glen

Computer Profile SummaryComputer Name: glen-c846b1ab83 (in MSHOME)Profile Date: Thursday, January 17, 2013 9:08:49 AMAdvisor Version: 8.3Windows Logon: glen Plan for your next computer refresh...
    click for Belarc's System Management products
    Operating System System ModelWindows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600)
    Install Language: English (United States)
    System Locale: English (United States)
    Installed: 1/16/2013 7:20:33 PM TOSHIBA Satellite P200 PSPB0C-RT208C
    System Serial Number: 67153530K
    Enclosure Type: NotebookProcessor a Main Circuit Board b2.00 gigahertz Intel Core Duo
    64 kilobyte primary memory cache
    2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache
    Multi-core (2 total)
    Not hyper-threaded Board: TOSHIBA ISRAE 1.00
    BIOS: TOSHIBA V1.70 08/21/2007Drives Memory Modules c,d151.34 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
    146.18 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-L632D [Optical drive]

FUJITSU MHW2160BH PL [Hard drive] (160.04 GB) -- drive 0, s/n K109T7426G98, rev 0040001D, SMART Status: Healthy 2040 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

Slot 'M1' is Empty
    Slot 'M2' has 2048 MB Local Drive Volumes c: (NTFS on drive 0)151.34 GB146.18 GB free Network Drives None discoveredUsers (mouse over user name for details) Printerslocal user accountslast logon[​IMG] glen1/17/2013 5:32:09 AM(admin)local system accounts[​IMG] Administratornever(admin)[​IMG] Guestnever[​IMG] HelpAssistantnever[​IMG] SUPPORT_388945a0never
    [​IMG] Marks a disabled account; [​IMG] Marks a locked account None discovered Controllers DisplayPrimary IDE Channel [Controller]
    Secondary IDE Channel [Controller]
    Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller None discoveredBus Adapters MultimediaGeneric CardBus Controller
    Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
    Standard Universal PCI to USB Host Controller (4x) None discoveredVirus Protection [Back to Top] Group PoliciesAVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013 Version 2013.0 Virus Definitions Version Up To Date Realtime File Scanning On None discoveredCommunications Other Devices1394 Net Adapterª Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection primary Auto IP Address: 192.168.0.100 / 24Gateway: 192.168.0.1Dhcp Server: 192.168.0.1Physical Address: 00:1B:77:48:88:1CNetworking Dns Server: 192.168.0.1 Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller
    Microsoft AC Adapter
    Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery
    USB Video Device
    Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
    PS/2 Compatible Mouse
    SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller
    USB Composite Device
    USB Root Hub (5x)USB Storage Use in past 30 Days (mouse over last used for details) Hosted Virtual Machines (mouse over name for details)Last UsedUSB Flash Memory, s/n 001D92AD6767C93103AB00D5, rev 1.001/17/2013 6:38:55 AMUSB Flash Memory, s/n 001D92AD6BE2C931038000DB, rev 1.001/17/2013 5:52:36 AMUSB Flash Memory, s/n 001D92AD6719C931037F00DE, rev 1.001/17/2013 5:42:15 AM None discovered

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    The Toshiba support site(United States) lists 2 models for the Toshiba Satellite P200 series laptop:

P200-ST2061

P200-ST2071

Which one do you have?

If you refine your search, you should be able to obtain some of the drivers for Windows XP.

-------------------------------------------------------------

3. capetoker

capetoker Thread Starter

Hi mine is p200-rt2 (PSPBOC-RT208C) I could not find this model anywhere I did find the other 2 p200 and I called toshiba canada 1-800-663-0378 they told me I can't do it. It has to run vista in order to opperate the systems .I know that is not true because a friend took his toshiba to a computer shop a couple years ago and they took out vista and put in xp for him at a cost of $165.00

4. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    I went to the Canada support site and found the driver downloads section for the
    Toshiba Satellite P200 PSPBOC-RT208C

Device drivers are listed only for Windows Vista, so Toshiba isn't going to assist you in locating Windows XP drivers for that laptop.

---------------------------------------------------------

Go into the Device Manager.

Double-click each entry that has a yellow ? or ! next to it.

Click the "Details" tab, then select "Hardware Ids".

There will be one or more strings that has VEN_####&DEV_#### as part of it.

Advise what the 4 numbers and letters are that follow VEN_ and DEV_

Be careful not to make any typos because those codes are what identify those devices.

5. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    Im sure your model of computer has to be listed somewhere in the toshiba website.under the drivers listed provided you find your model which ive never had a problem of finding in any of my computers or drivers. if theres no xp drivers listed then you will be out of luck.and charging that amount of money to do that is out of line. if you are computer saavy and have the correct xp drivers and an xp disk doing it yourself is a lot better and free.a lot of mgr of computers will tell you that and other things like it will void the warranty etc.i dont pay any attention to that and have never had any problems changing operating systems in any of my computer to something other than what it came with.

6. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    Well that answered my concern about any xp drivers being found for that model.

7. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Sue:

According to the specs listed for that laptop, the graphics, sound, wireless, ethernet, and touchpad don't appear to be a problem.

As soon as I get the codes and confirm the identities of all of the devices, we can go from there.

8. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    capetoker:

What's taking you so long to submit those codes?

I'll be going off-line in about an hour for the rest of the day.

9. capetoker

capetoker Thread Starter

ethernet controller ven 10EC dev 8136
    mass storage controller ven 104C dev 803B
    pci device ven 8086 dev 27D8
    sm bus controller ven8086 dev 27DA
    video controller ven 8086 dev 27A6
    video controller vga compatible ven 8086 dev 27A

Sorry had to pick up the wife

10. capetoker

capetoker Thread Starter

the last one is dev 27A2

11. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    I'll get back to you as soon as I can. (y)

--------------------------------------------------------

12. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Here are the device identities and the Windows XP drivers that I've located.

Note: I've provided multiple download sites for some of them.

Install the Intel chipset driver and then restart the computer before installing any of the other drivers.

Realtek RTL8102E 10/100/1000 PCI-E NIC Family

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Realtek_PCIe_FE_&_GBE_Network_Card_Drivers_for_Windows_XP2K_d4957.html

Texas Instruments PCIxx12 FlashMedia Controller

http://download.xanderx.com/software/windows/driver/CardReader_V.zip

http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/CA...xx12-FlashMedia-Driver-2004-for-2000-XP.shtml

Realtek High Definition Audio

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Realtek_High_Definition_Audio_for_2KXP03_d4902.html

http://www.realtek.com/downloads/do...=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Intel 945GM/950 Chipset

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...&OSVersion=Windows XP *&DownloadType=Drivers

Mobile Intel 945 Express Chipset Family

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...indows XP Home Edition*&DownloadType=Drivers

--------------------------------------------------------

13. capetoker

capetoker Thread Starter

great Thanks I will trybthem tonight I have to work bingo tonight at the fire dept i will let yu know what happens Thanks again

14. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    Well hopefully xp will be able to be installed with the correct drivers and all will be ok then.

15. capetoker

capetoker Thread Starter

Hi I installed the drivers first was chipset then restart it then the rest was installed it restarted a couple of times all worked fine but no sm bus controller . This morning went to start it it booted up but the screen is black I tried to restart a few times same thing .I tried to start in safe mode still black I don't know what happened I am going to Halifax to day I might take it up with me and see if some one can check it out .Thanks for all the info it did work what ever happened overnight I will let you know in a couple of days Thanks again

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085681

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice