1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista Ultimate Hibernate Problem

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by ustacp, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ustacp

ustacp Thread Starter

I have a Toshiba Satellite P205D-S8804 laptop. I just upgraded to Vista Ultimate from Vista home Premium. When I place my PC in hibernation it has trouble resuming from hibernation. When windows starts to load (Windows is Resuming) it freezes on me. I then have to manually shut the PC off and then turn it back on. It has never done this before with Home Premium. I now have to actually shut my PC down each time instead of hibernating it. Has anyone seen this problem before or know how to fix it? Thanks.

2. Chrismichael

Chrismichael

You need to update your bios,, service pack 1 gave me and others many problems with hibernation mode but this seems to fix it everytime.

3. ustacp

ustacp Thread Starter

I just tried and it said that I had the most up to date BIOS version. Therefore, it said I did not need to update it. Thanks for trying.

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    "I just upgraded to Vista Ultimate from Vista home Premium"

Was this upgrade with the use of a RETAIL copy or using the method through Microsoft and downloading a upgrade file?

5. ustacp

ustacp Thread Starter

It was with a retail copy. It came on a disk. Not sure if this helps at all but when I tried to use the upgrade option it would not allow me to do so. I had to do a fresh install instead. I dought this has anything to do with it, but figured I would throw it out there.

6. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    Now you need to go to Toshiba and get the divers from them for ALL of your built in hardware.
    The retail version most likely used "Generic" drivers for the items found.

7. ustacp

ustacp Thread Starter

I do have all the drivers and such on a system recovery disk that came with the computer that I installed. I will however try and install the drivers from the website just in case I did miss something or something did not install correctly. I will let you know when I am complete. Thanks.

8. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    Also, you may need to install some of the Toshiba software. Things like the "Battery Charger".

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755246

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice