Vista - unable to access hyperlinks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Aussie Roger

I recently purchsed new computer and have Vista for first time - generally all good as big,fast and powerful set up.
My only issue is in Windows Internet Explorer, which works fine except when I try to click a hyperlink - , shows a 100% done down bottom right corner , screen goes white, little blue activity circle spins but nothing happens .
Any ideas or help appreciated as this is my first posting .

thanks

I recently purchsed new computer and have Vista for first time - generally all good as big,fast and powerful set up.
My only issue is in Windows Internet Explorer, which works fine except when I try to click a hyperlink - , shows a 100% done down bottom right corner , screen goes white, little blue activity circle spins but nothing happens .
Any ideas or help appreciated as this is my first posting .

thanks
Get Firefox or Opera.

Can't get a link for you as it keeps directing me to the Linux version.

Aussie Roger

Hi RootbeaR
many thanks , my local guy told me the same , but I just wanted to see if there was another way .
I think I will go firefox, has it been o/k for you /

Aussie Roger

Hi RootbeaR
many thanks , my local guy told me the same , but I just wanted to see if there was another way .
I think I will go firefox, has it been o/k for you /

Aussie Roger
There must be a cure for your IE problem, but I haven't used it in a long time, so no point in me trying.

Firefox will be the best cure for IE. I've used it for years. It is great. Very customizable.

Take a look at this thread:
http://forums.techguy.org/general-security/751843-need-some-advice-about-firefox.html

Edit: I also used Firefox and Opera on my MS XP.

Look at the Control Panel/Internet Options. Reset to default.

Look at Control Panel/Default Programs - Does IE have all of it's defaults?

I run IE7, Firefox 3, and Opera 9 currently.

Oh, and one more thought, especially since you just got the PC: Get the updates to Vista and IE from Microsoft.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online