1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista User Control Error

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by colinsk, Dec 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. colinsk

colinsk Thread Starter

I have the same problem as this user:

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/799943-computer-keeps-saying-one-other.html

I transferred an account from one user to another. I had them both logged in when I deleted the old user. Now I get an error stating that another user is logged in even though there is only one user on the system.

I have tried rebooting. The Guest account is off.

There must be a setting (Registry Entry?) that is listing the other user as still being logged in. Any ideas about where to find it?

Thank you.

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

How did you "delete" the other user? Did you choose the option to delete his personal files, too?

3. colinsk

colinsk Thread Starter

Yes, the first user was an exact copy of the second user with a different name.

4. colinsk

colinsk Thread Starter

There are still files left however.

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

6. colinsk

colinsk Thread Starter

After restoring the files to the new user I went to the User Control Panel and deleted the old user. It asked me If I wanted to delete the files and I agreed. It thought for about 5 minutes then warned me that the other user was still logged in and if I continued I might lose data. Since the other user had no programs open I agreed to continue.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1032204

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice