1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista video streaming

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by ff18wife, Jan 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ff18wife

ff18wife Thread Starter

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I frequent a local news website where they fly with a helicopter over news incidents and stream live video footage. They recently changed their website and I cannot see the video at all. Just a small black box. They also have a shoutbox chat section which still works fine. If I switch over to my Dell w/XP, it's fine. It doesn't work whether I'm used IE, Firefox or Chrome.

If anyone needs to check it out, the website is http://www.myfoxny.com/subindex/video/skyfoxhd

I'm suspecting I'm either missing something that I need to d/l or have a setting that needs to be changed somehwere. What puzzles me is the page previously worked fine before they changed the site.

Oh and when I go to the website on my XP computer and right click on the video link, something about Akamai 1.0 something comes up. On the Vista system, nothing comes up like that.

Thanks!!!

2. joeten

joeten

my only suggestion is try installing codecs klite or vista codecs google you can use either but klite seems the prefered

3. ff18wife

ff18wife Thread Starter

Thanks, I will check that out.

4. joeten

joeten

your welcome hope it is what you need

5. ff18wife

ff18wife Thread Starter

No good...tried installing codecs k lite and reinstalling my Adobe Flash Player. It's something to do with Akamai something or other b/c on my Dell w/XP, if I right click on the video, the box that pops up has Akamai Basic Player v1.0. This comp w/Vista doesn't. Is that the only thing that's missing? Where/how do I get it?

Thanks!!!

6. joeten

joeten

7. ff18wife

ff18wife Thread Starter

thanks again....off to check it out...

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/795724

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice