1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista video streaming

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by ff18wife, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ff18wife

ff18wife Thread Starter

Ok, I originally posted this issue under Vista, prob should have been there to start.

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I frequent a local news website where they fly with a helicopter over news incidents and stream live video footage. They recently changed their website and I cannot see the video at all. Just a black box. They also have a shoutbox chat section which still works fine. If I switch over to my Dell w/XP, it's fine. It doesn't work whether I'm used IE, Firefox or Chrome.

If anyone needs to check it out, the website is http://www.myfoxny.com/subindex/video/skyfoxhd

I'm suspecting I'm either missing something that I need to d/l or have a setting that needs to be changed somehwere. What puzzles me is the page previously worked fine before they changed the site.

Oh and when I go to the website on my XP computer and right click on the video link, right on top of the options, it has Akamai Basic Player v1.0. On the Vista system, nothing comes up like that. Is this something I'm missing?

I'm really lost as to how to fix this.

Thanks!!!

2. rbalaji

rbalaji

I don't know whether this will help, but try uninstalling and reinstalling adobe flash.

3. ff18wife

ff18wife Thread Starter

I've tried reinstalling it 2x already. No luck. :-(

4. rbalaji

rbalaji

Have you tried it with the firewall temporarily disabled? In the worst case, you might have to upgrade to XP!

5. ff18wife

ff18wife Thread Starter

The weird thing is...I know other people who have Vista who are not having this problem which is why I say it has to be something missing on my system. I don't think I have my firewall enabled. I have NAV.

6. rbalaji

rbalaji

Does NAV have some kind of web-scanning functionality? Have you tried turning it off?

7. ff18wife

ff18wife Thread Starter

I've tried turning off NAV options. No luck. I'm pretty sure it's Vista related b/c I can't access the video streaming with any of my browsers. I have IE, Firefox & Chrome.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/798142

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice