Vista will load normally but not safe mode

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

GeckoKing

Hello,

I shut down my computer like usual and then the next day when I restarted windows boots up and runs fine for about 45seconds, then a program tries to load and the entire screen turns white and gives the waiting cursor. After several minutes it will either give a Windows Host Application is not responding message or just go back to the desktop with no icons, unable to open task manager or do anything. I then at ALT CTRL DEL and can select shutdown, at which point everything is back on the desk top with task manager running and I can click on things and open programs for about 20 seconds before the computer shuts down. I have tried starting the computer on safe mode and it hangs on CRC and then resets and loads to normal windows at which point the process repeats itself. All my networking is still operational and I can access all my shared files over the network, I just cannot access the desktop of the computer! Very Frustrating to know everything is running but I can't access it. I have tried startup repair and shutdown down and trying to abort shutdown from the command line in the few seconds it gives me. Any ideas?

Windows Vista 64
Stable for almost 5 years now.
No new Programs installed in 60+ days
Avira Antivirus had just scanned and given clean bill of health

Anything would be great!
Thanks
Zack

If you can run this?

To help us help you,please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread. You can use the TSG Info to fill in your computer information in your user profile as well.

Also, if its a brand name system like an Acer,Dell or HP, please post the exact model of the system.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts