1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista will not accept linksys software noting that service pack1 is not avial

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by od1rog, Dec 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. od1rog

od1rog Thread Starter

wife has new galaxy Tab2 for Christmas. trying to install software for a [email protected] router to my Dell Inspiron E520, Installation disk installed and informs me that Service Pack 1 for Vista is not installed and consequently the software will not install.

I checked my updates and find that service pack 1 was successfully installed 12-4-12. It installed after a number of unsuccessful tries.

Could my virus protection or other security feature be the cause?

Help!!ech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 4300 @ 1.80GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 1013 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) G965 Express Chipset Family, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 152545 MB, Free - 96296 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0WG864
    Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Does the router work OK with the Dell machine?

Can the router be seen by the "galaxy Tab2"?

What hotspots can be seen by the "galaxy Tab2 "?

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You don't need to use a CD to configure the router, especially if just adding another device to an already working network. IS the router new or working?

Your TSG scan also indicates that you have neither Service Pack 1 or 2 installed for Vista. Have you tried running Microsoft Update and downloading all the updates? You will have to install the optional updates as well and do several rounds/visits to get both SP1 and SP2 installed as well as subsequent updates.

4. od1rog

od1rog Thread Starter

Dell, Vista OS, linksys cd shows note, cannot load software as SP1 not found., obviously then, the tablet cannot work.I have not even turned the galaxy on, since there is no Wi-Fi. As you have by now discerned by my answers, I do not know much about these operations and I truly appreciate your response. I will try again to download the Service Packs. Microsoft Update on this computer tells me that it is Up to Date.

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You haven't answered if the router is new or has already been in use. If the router/wireless has already been set up and working in the past, you do not need to run the CD each time you want to add a device to the router, only once to initially set it up.

This is all you need to do to connect the Galaxy Tab to your wireless: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsdU1lISNAc

6. od1rog

od1rog Thread Starter

I have re downloadedSP1 and SP2, cd now works and an able to set up the galaxy

7. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Glad to hear (y)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082509

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice