1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista will not boot anymore please help

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by ecsancho, Aug 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ecsancho

ecsancho Thread Starter

Vista 32
    4gb
    500gb HD
    Nvidia 9800 GX2 1024
    Q9600 2.6ghz

I've been up all night trying to fix this..

So I have been having issues with installing WOW and AOC due to memory issues, I was getting blue screens that said
    MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

so I downloaded memtest and prime95 to diagnostic the problem, will it reported back that memory slot 1 had 410 errors, but I was having problems isolating if the it was a bad slot or bad stick. So I ran prime95 torture test and during the test I received a bluescreen and it came up and went away so fast I couldn't notice the error so I had to reboot.When the computer came back up it started going extremely slow, so I decided to reboot into safe mode. It took roughly like 10 mins to just see the windows logo then another 10-15 mins to get to log in screen then another 10 mins to type my password then another 20 mins to see my desktop and this was all done in Safemode.

So now I rebooted again, this time I would get black screen for like 30 mins after Windows logo. So I decided to just re-install Vista it took a very long time to get to Vista re-install screen and next think you know it I get blue screen with the following error

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    nvstor.sys address 863e9395 base at 863e50000 DATAMAP 46671a61

So then I figured it was dvd drive I was install from so I unplug the defective drive and used my 2nd dvd and run install again, this time I managed to install Vista took roughly 3 hours, and now BINGO re-installing didn't do anything because it still takes nearly an hour to just boot up.

Now I'am convinced this has to be hardware issue, but I don't know what it could it be, I ran a system diagnostics I tested CPU (passed) motherboard (passed) hard drive (passed) memory(I'm surprise that it passed) the only thing I couldn't test is my graphics card, so now Im really stump, I'm leaning towards that its a bad motherboard or Hard drive but I don't have enough experience to distinguish the symptoms. Please help me with this, my business and my family depends on this computer running.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/737875

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice