1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista will not update

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by ronandav, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronandav

ronandav Thread Starter

Vista will not update. Have 10 updates that fail everytime. Deleted contents of "Windows\Software distribution\download" folder and still no results. Where does the download reside for Vista update? In case the downloads are corrupted. Going to the update website refers me back to my computer and Windows updates. Looking for another idea rather than reinstalling Vista.

2. GEOFF

GEOFF

This may sound like a simple idea, but when I once had multiple Vista updates that failed to install, I got them installed by installing them one at a time. I believe it worked when I started with the oldest ones, as my first attempt or two at single installation failed trying to install later ones that needed the earlier updates in place first. Just a suggestion, but you may have already tried this.
    G

3. Masterman10

Masterman10

try GEOFF's idea. Updates anymore need the earlier ones to run. It's stupid, but its a common thing lately. If that doesn't work. Set your computer to do automatic updates on afternoon and make sure nothing is running on it and that is is not in sleep mode and just let it go.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/696977

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice