1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

? Vista Windows Explorer in side-by-side panes like good OS's??!!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by zapp22, May 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zapp22

zapp22 Thread Starter

i hate vista. but I gotta work on them cause they break.
    I have a laptop handed off that is "stuck" in terms of the way it displays the file system [Windows Explorer].
    How do I get this thing to display the side-by-side hierarchical view? you know... computer, drives, top level on the left pane, and the drill-down in the right pane???????

aarrrrgggghhhhh

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

The tree view is to the bottom left of the file view, below the favorites.

3. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

If I understand what you are saying, it sounds like they turned off the Navigation Pane.

Click Start | Computer
    Click Organize, point to Layout, and make sure Navigation Pane is selected. It can be hard to tell if it's selected, so just click on it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/923995

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice