1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista with black screen and cursor in left corner

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Faulks, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faulks

Faulks Thread Starter

Hi, I have an Acer laptop - Aspire 5315-2470 and when my son turned it on it goes to the Acer screen and then goes to black screen with cursor in the left hand corner.

I have tried to reboot in safemode but all I get is beeping noises. I also read in the manual on how to restore the computer back to day one we bought it, by holding ALT and F10 upon turning on . All I get is the same beeping noises.

This computer is only 1 year old , so if someone can give me any advice on how to fix this I would be very happy.

Thanks In Advance...

2. lagunasrfr

lagunasrfr

Look at your BIOS settings. The Acer screen may tell you how to access the BIOS (boot) settings with a function key - probably F2. Press that F2 or whatever it tells you when the Acer screen comes up. When the BIOS screen displays, make sure the "boot from" setting is your hard disk. If not, change it.

3. tombren

tombren

Try inserting your windows disc and clicking on boot from disc,

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/892117

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice