1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista won't boot anymore.

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by PUG, Aug 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PUG

PUG Thread Starter

Hi - I have Dual Boot on Leopard / Vista

I have not had trouble going between OS' but for some reason Vista has taken to starting with a Black screen (similar to the F8 screen)

Windows failed to start. A hardware or software change might be the cause.

To fix problem
    1. Insert win install disc
    2. Choose Lang
    3. Choose repair.
    etc
    Safe Mode
    Network
    Command Prompt (advanced)
    Start normally

Windonws will start in 30 secs..

After countdown it starts with the Loading graphic.... and then suddenly flashes up with a message I can't catch as it's too fast but I see a flash of the dreaded blue screen, Rebooting itself back to the Black screen.

I put the Vista Disk in and let the computer reboot but no change - fortunately holdong down Option allows the OS selection screen to appear.. this includes the Vista DVD in the drive.

If I select Vista the computer it would just keep on rebooting over and
    I have a Seagate External Drive that was my Auto Backup drive... If I had to delete the Windows partition and redo Bootcamp, would that backup be any use?? Never had to do a repair like this.

Any suggestions????

2. raZor_lv

raZor_lv

Seems like you have a vista bootloader problem. Run your Vista DVD, after selecting language settings hit r to enter system recovery options. Click Startup Repair and go through the wizard. This should help with your boot problem!

3. PUG

PUG Thread Starter

..... I don't get the language selection because the dvd doesn't make any difference... I don't feel the DVD is being instigated. I still get the Black intro....

4. raZor_lv

raZor_lv

Try hitting F12 for quick boot settings or changing BIOS settings so that DVD reader is the first boot device! This should run your DVD and then do as described before... ;)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/744692